In Illinois, summer is all about the corn. We’re surrounded by it for months and months, and finally get to devour into this sweet treat in the summer. My brother and I were preparing some sides for a family barbecue and wanted to make something different. My brother and I share the value that we’re always looking to try new things, take things a step above the rest, and well…we both love to cook. We came up with this amazing sweet corn elotes salad that was a huge hit with our family. We served this up as a side dish, but it’d be even better with your favorite tortilla chips or Frito’s scoops! You have the sweet corn, the smooth cream and the hint of spice from the chili. It’s perfect for any summertime barbecue that takes your corn to a new level of delicious.
Summer Sweet Corn Elotes Salad
Calories per serving: ~368
- 1 cup of cojita cheese
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of Mexican crema
- 6 ears of corn, salted and buttered, cut off the cob
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp of zest from your lime
- Dash of chili powder or tajin
- 2 stalks of green onion, sliced.
- Prepare your fresh corn on the cob, as you normally would. Once cobs are cool, cut the kernels off of the cob and into a bowl.
- Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, crema, and spices in to a bowl.
- Fold corn kernels into the creamy mixture. Stir until combined.
- Before serving, add lime juice to your elotes salad.
- Top of a dash of chili powder or tajin, lime zest, and green onion, and serve as a side dish or with your favorite tortilla chips.